Mrs. Miller does not support her constituents. She seems only concerned for her welfare now and what the party will reward her with in the future. Mrs. Miller will no doubt stand in the way of these Health Care Reform benefits:
- Improve coverage for 501,000 residents with health insurance.
- Give tax credits and other assistance to up to 160,000 families and 13,700 small businesses to help them afford coverage.
- Improve Medicare for 111,000 beneficiaries, including closing the donut hole.
- Extend coverage to 27,000 uninsured residents.
- Guarantee that 9,000 residents with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage.
- Protect 2,200 families from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs.
- Allow 50,000 young adults to obtain coverage on their parents’ insurance plans.
- Provide millions of dollars in new funding for 3 community health centers.
- Reduce the cost of uncompensated care for hospitals and other health care providers by $39 million annually.
For a look at other districts in the United States go here.
Hat tip: Blogging for Michigan